Comment on page
Sending Events to Slack
Send notifications from your Paragon project into Slack.
You can configure a Webhook Destination with a preconfigured payload to send messages into Slack when events, like workflow failures, occur in your Paragon project.
To send notifications to Slack, you will need to create a Slack App and add it to your workspace with an Incoming Webhook:
- 2.When prompted to create a new app, click "From scratch". Enter a recognizable name like "Paragon" for the App Name and select your Slack Workspace.
- 3.Under Features, navigate to Incoming Webhooks. Turn on "Activate Incoming Webhooks".
- 4.Once Incoming Webhooks is activated, scroll to the bottom and click "Add New Webhook to Workspace".
- 5.When prompted, select a channel to send your Slack notifications to. We recommend creating a new channel for Paragon notifications. Click Allow.
- 6.Once the webhook is created, click Copy in the Webhook URL and save this value to add to Paragon. The value will begin with "https://hooks.slack.com/..."
To create an Event Destination with Slack, you will need to have followed the above steps to obtain a Slack Webhook URL.
- 1.From the Settings > Monitoring page, click the Add Destination button at the top right.
- 2.In the Type field, select Webhook (HTTP Request).
- 3.Click "Select Template" next to Request Payload and select Slack.
- 4.In the URL field, paste the Webhook URL you copied in the previous steps.
- 5.Click Test Webhook to verify that a message gets sent into the Slack channel you selected earlier.
- 6.Click Save to create and enable the Event Destination.