Sending Events to Slack
Send notifications from your Paragon project into Slack.
You can configure a Webhook Destination with a preconfigured payload to send messages into Slack when events, like workflow failures, occur in your Paragon project.
Webhook Destinations are available for Paragon customers on Pro and Enterprise plans. To learn more, contact your Customer Success Manager or [email protected].
To send notifications to Slack, you will need to create a Slack App and add it to your workspace with an Incoming Webhook:
- 2.When prompted to create a new app, click "From scratch". Enter a recognizable name like "Paragon" for the App Name and select your Slack Workspace.
- 3.Under Features, navigate to Incoming Webhooks. Turn on "Activate Incoming Webhooks".
- 4.Once Incoming Webhooks is activated, scroll to the bottom and click "Add New Webhook to Workspace".
- 5.When prompted, select a channel to send your Slack notifications to. We recommend creating a new channel for Paragon notifications. Click Allow.
- 6.Once the webhook is created, click Copy in the Webhook URL and save this value to add to Paragon. The value will begin with "https://hooks.slack.com/..."
To create an Event Destination with Slack, you will need to have followed the above steps to obtain a Slack Webhook URL.
- 1.From the Settings > Monitoring page, click the Add Destination button at the top right.
- 2.In the Type field, select Webhook (HTTP Request).
- 3.Click "Select Template" next to Request Payload and select Slack.
- 4.In the URL field, paste the Webhook URL you copied in the previous steps.
- 5.Click Test Webhook to verify that a message gets sent into the Slack channel you selected earlier.
- 6.Click Save to create and enable the Event Destination.