Comment on page
Sending Events to Datadog
Send notifications from your Paragon project into Datadog.
You can configure a Webhook Destination with a preconfigured payload to send messages into Datadog when events, like workflow failures, occur in your Paragon project.
To send notifications to Datadog, you will need to add an API Key to your Datadog organization:
- 1.In the bottom right menu of your Datadog account, navigate to Organization Settings.
- 2.Under Access, click the API Keys settings page.
- 3.Click New Key and name the key something recognizable, like "Paragon".
- 4.Once the new API Key value appears, click Copy Key. You will need this value to add the Event Destination below.
You will also need to make note of your Datadog Site value, which you can get from your Datalog Login URL or the
DD-SITEvalue used in your Datadog agent:
In the above URL for the Datadog dashboard, us5.datadoghq.com is the Datadog Site.
To create an Event Destination with Datadog, you will need to have followed the above steps to obtain a Datadog Site and Datadog API Key.
- 1.From the Settings > Monitoring page, click the Add Destination button at the top right.
- 2.In the Type field, select Webhook (HTTP Request).
- 3.Click "Select Template" next to Request Payload and select Datadog.
- 4.In the URL field, replace
<DD-SITE>with your Datadog Site value (e.g.
- 5.In the Request Headers table, replace
<DD-API-KEY>with your Datadog API Key.
- 6.Click Test Webhook to verify that a log can be sent successfully to your Datadog instance.
- 7.Click Save to create and enable the Event Destination.